Questions and Answers offers Dr. J. Vernon McGee's signature wit and wisdom in answering Bible questions sent to him by radio listeners throughout his years of ministry.
Questions & Answers 305501/05/2021 Duration: 26min
1) Do you think Job 41, Isaiah 27:1, and Revelation 12:7 are references to the devil? 2) Since Jesus fulfilled the Law did He also fulfill the Sabbath rest as indicated in Matthew 11:28? 3) "Why Four Gospels?" part 2
Questions & Answers 305424/04/2021 Duration: 26min
1) Can you deal with the idea of temptation in Luke 11:4 and James 1:13? 2) "Why Four Gospels?" part 1 3) The Gospel for the religious man 4) The Gospel for the strong man 5) The Gospel for the perfect man 6) The Gospel for the wretched man
Questions & Answers 305317/04/2021 Duration: 26min
1) Does Matthew 24:40-41 refer to the Rapture? 2) Dr. McGee explains "some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His glory" in Matthew 16:28. 3) Dr. McGee explains "you are gods" in Psalm 82:6-7. 4) How did people live for so long like those in Genesis 6? 5) Are the seven sins in Proverbs 6:17-19 the worst sins?
Questions & Answers 305210/04/2021 Duration: 26min
1) Can you discuss the topic of the interpretation of Scripture? 2) Why do we use the expression "ask Jesus in your heart"? 3) If Deuteronomy 23:3 bars Moabites from the assembly of the Lord, what about Ruth? 4) Why does Ezekiel 42:20 refer to a profane place in the temple? 5) What does the Bible teach on capital punishment? 6) What does Scripture teach on the age of accountability?
Questions & Answers 305103/04/2021 Duration: 26min
1) What does Paul mean in Ephesians 4:5 when he says "one Lord, one faith, one baptism"? 2) Doesn’t the Bible teach that anyone who believes that Jesus Christ is the Son of God is saved? 3) Where did the various races and nationalities come from? 4) Why does Luke trace the genealogy through Mary? 5) Was Judas saved? 6) How can the reference to Elijah in Malachi 4:5 be John the Baptist if the prophecy is in reference to the Tribulation?
Questions & Answers 305027/03/2021
1) What is meant by the white stone in Revelation 2:17? 2) You say that Ananias and Sapphira did not lose their salvation, but what about Revelation 21:8? 3) Can you explain the use of the word "prophecy" in 1 Corinthians 14:24-25? 4) Dr. McGee explains the ransom of a man’s life is his riches in Proverbs 13:8. 5) What is the difference between a cult and the occult? 6) Can you explain Jesus’ teaching on the Law in Matthew 5:17-21?
Questions & Answers 304920/03/2021
1) What is the meaning of those who will say "Lord, Lord" in Matthew 7:21-23? 2) How do you reconcile that the giving of the Holy Spirit was at Pentecost when they received the Spirit in John 20? 3) What is the "law written in their hearts referred to in Romans 2:15? 4) John uses the symbolism of water in John 3:5, 19:34-35, and 1 John 5:6-8. Are these related? 5) Why did Jesus curse the fig tree when it wasn’t the time for figs to be in season?
Questions & Answers 304813/03/2021 Duration: 26min
1) Is Acts 2:16 a fulfillment of the prophecy of Joel? 2) What should the Christian position be on the issue of civil disobedience? 3) If all men in all ages were saved by grace through Jesus Christ, what about Galatians 4:4 and John 1:17?
Questions & Answers 304706/03/2021
1) Where did idol worship begin? 2) What is meant by the use of the name of Rahab in Psalm 87? 3) What was Jesus illustrating in Mark 2 when He spoke of a new patch on an old garment or new wine in an old wine skin? 4) What is the meaning of the 2300 days mentioned in Daniel 8:14? 5) Could it have been God’s mercy to spare the Gibeonites that allowed Joshua to be deceived?
Questions & Answers 304627/02/2021
1) Will the Antichrist be revealed before the Rapture of the church? 2) Who is Melchizedek in Hebrews 7? 3) Why did Jesus say on the cross to the Father "Why have You forsaken Me"? 4) What is the meaning of "this generation" in Matthew 24:34? 5) How did the Israelites dispose of the blood from the sacrifices they made every day?
Questions & Answers 304520/02/2021
1) Was Mary sinless? How can Christ be sinless unless Mary was sinless? 2) Does the Bible teach that no one will be married in heaven? 3) Could you explain the meaning of "where Lord" in Luke 17:34-37? 4) When Samuel was brought back from the dead by the witch of Endor, was it really Samuel or a demon spirit?
Questions & Answers 304413/02/2021
1) Who is God talking about in Isaiah 66:17? 2) Does Hebrews 10:26-31 teach we can lose our salvation? 3) Are Christians to follow the dietary laws of the Jews like in Deuteronomy 14:7? 4) Will there be rewards in heaven? 5) Could the two on the road to Emmaus in Luke 24 be a man and his wife? 6) Should Christians be involved in politics? 7) Did God change His mind when Moses prayed to spare the Israelites? 8) Who is the beast in Revelation 13:17-18? 9) Does the destruction of Jerusalem in Matthew 24 have a parallel at the end of time?
Questions & Answers 304306/02/2021
1) What are the signs of the coming last days? 2) What is Matthew teaching in chapter 24 when he says "two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left? 3) What is the biblical teaching on abortion? 4) Since God created Satan and men who he knew would rebel, how can they be held responsible? 5) Does the fruit mentioned in John 15:16 refer to saved souls or evidence of fruit of the spirit? 6) Do we have an obligation to witness?
Questions & Answers 304230/01/2021
1) What does it mean that Christ went and preached to the spirits in prison in 1 Peter 3:19? 2) Who are the dead the gospel was preached to in 1 Peter 4:6? 3) Can you discuss the issue of tongues in light of 1 Corinthians 14:17? 4) When did clergy first appear as professionals in church history? 5) Why do you read letters before the program? 6) Which James wrote the epistle of James? 7) Why is Stephen the first martyr of the church instead of John the Baptist?