In this podiobook: Macabre fiction. Horror fiction. Dark fiction. Whatever you choose to call it, that is what is contained within this collection of short stories. But other than that, these tales are as varied as can be. Ghost stories... they're in ther
18. Every Brother's Fear - Come, Let Me Whisper17/02/2006 Duration: 12min
-In this episode: The simultaneous trust and distrust of your siblings when in youth is an interesting dichotomy. Unfortunately for Craig, his issue of mistrust doesn't stem from sneakiness or tattle-taling, but from a far darker place.
17. The Feline Connection - Come, Let Me Whisper17/02/2006 Duration: 11min
-In this episode: A whimsical piece that questions the role cats play in our society.
16. Casey's Sacrifice, part 4 - Come, Let Me Whisper16/02/2006 Duration: 26min
-In this episode: The conclusion. The sacrifice.
15. Casey's Sacrifice, part 3 - Come, Let Me Whisper15/02/2006 Duration: 21min
-In this episode: In which the mystery begins to unravel. Just a bit.
14. Casey's Sacrifice, part 2 - Come, Let Me Whisper14/02/2006 Duration: 21min
-In this episode: Casey is having a great day. Sheriff Waters isn't.
13. Casey's Sacrifice, part 1 - Come, Let Me Whisper13/02/2006 Duration: 20min
-In this episode: Welcome to the backwoods town of Rising Creek, where Casey Crowley, a meek historian, is about to discover more than she could ever want to know about its dark past.
12. Fish Story - Come, Let Me Whisper12/02/2006 Duration: 29min
-In this episode: Ah, the obligatory fish story. Join Vaughn in the deep south as he attempts to land the "lunker to beat all lunkers." Should have been the hi-light of his fishing career, but it wasn't.
11. From The Journal of Dr. Preston Chattsworth - Come, Let Me Whisper11/02/2006 Duration: 07min
-In this episode: In 1984 there was a scientific discovery that received little to no publicity. And maybe that was for the better.
10. The Dark Journey of Will Wright - Come, Let Me Whisper10/02/2006 Duration: 31min
-In this episode: A nod to the romance genre- sort of. Will enters into his first relationship, only to find it challenged by his mental illness... well, either mental illness or supernatural forces. I'll leave it for you to decide.
9. The Physicist - Come, Let Me Whisper09/02/2006 Duration: 14min
-In this episode: A renowned scientist of physics receives a telegraph from his sister, and this is his letter back to her explaining why it shook him so.
8. The Lucky Couple - Come, Let Me Whisper08/02/2006 Duration: 17min
-In this episode: Warning- for adults only! Frita and Roy have been married for fifty years, and are celebrating their union with a vacation away from home. But soon they find themselves yearning for their homestead. Trite as it may be, there's no place like home... b
7. Like Dolls on String - Come, Let Me Whisper07/02/2006 Duration: 18min
-In this episode: There are certain questions realtors come to expect- bathrooms, closet space, etc. I don't imagine, though, they are often asked about the local faerie population. Realtor Fenton Wells receives just such an inquiry, though, and decides that a sale is
6. The Power of Will and Steam - Come, Let Me Whisper06/02/2006 Duration: 12min
-In this episode: Many tall tales have been told about the creation of the great American railway system- not so many about its demise. Probably the only "traditional" style ghost story to be found in this collection.
5. The Watchbird - Come, Let Me Whisper05/02/2006 Duration: 21min
-In this episode: Steve, Pam, and their young son Daniel rent a house on the river for the summer. They would have never thought that a great heron that likes to hang around just off the banks would have played such a major role in their vacation. At least Steve think
4. Wedding Vows - Come, Let Me Whisper04/02/2006 Duration: 16min
-In this episode: People of different religious backgrounds get married all the time. Of course, one of the faiths doesn't usually involve a Lovecraftian god...
3. The Typewriter - Come, Let Me Whisper03/02/2006 Duration: 07min
-In this episode: Richard is a successful writer, at least in the eyes of the world. But he knows he can do better- if his typewriter would only let him.
2. Bradley's Lover - Come, Let Me Whisper02/02/2006 Duration: 13min
-In this episode: Young Bradley has finally bought a home of his own. And as you might expect from a horror story, it isn't exactly unoccupied. But is that a bad thing?
1. Work Ethic - Come, Let Me Whisper01/02/2006 Duration: 09min
-In this episode: A strong work ethic is an universally admired trait. Join the narrator for this short tale and see if you still feel the same way.