The current novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, which began in December 2019, presents a significant challenge for the entire world. The UK Government and the Devolved Administrations, including the health and social care systems, have planned extensively over the years for an event like this, and the UK is therefore well prepared to respond in a way that offers substantial protection to the public.
This document sets out:
- what we know about the virus and the disease it causes
- how we have planned for an infectious disease outbreak, such as the current coronavirus outbreak
- the actions we have taken so far in response to the current coronavirus outbreak
- what we are planning to do next, depending upon the course the current coronavirus outbreak takes.
- the role the public can play in supporting this response, now and in the future.
Chapter 0Duration: 30s
Chapter 1Duration: 01min
Chapter 2Duration: 04min
Chapter 3Duration: 06min
Chapter 4Duration: 29min
Chapter 5Duration: 34s